To foster appreciation of art and artistic growth through club activities and educational opportunities for its members. To extend artistic enrichment to the students at large by displaying our students works at various locations in the college and the university. To offer leadership opportunities to all sections of students through the various roles and responsibilities they take up in the club. To encourage and support their education through creativity.
Our vision for the CYNOSURE club is to be the voice and the representative of the fine arts and literary pursuits of our students, and to be a “Center of attraction” of the artistic and literary endeavours for the college and the university. We will strive to do this by both continuing our existing format of competitions in various fine arts and literary events. We will continue our established programs as we seek to expand on them to include other colleges in our endeavours and participate in other events out of the college.
- The club shall conduct the annual Cynosure week in accordance with the academic/yearly calendar which shall be decided by the college administration.
- The Cynosure week shall be in the interbatch competition format, that is being followed currently.
- The club shall invite students from other colleges in the University to participate in the events which we conduct in a special/guest category.
- The club shall conduct workshops/seminars/talks pertaining to fine arts and literary events once every quarter (minimum of 4 per year). These workshops will be conducted preferably on non-working days/hours of the college.
- Invitation for such workshops/seminars/talks shall be extended to all the colleges in the university and all interested students shall be accommodated to participate.
- The club encourages students from our college to participate in events of other colleges in the university and colleges in the city (with due permission from the administration for academic attendance purposes).
- The club shall conduct an annual exhibition of the fine arts made by our students during the college cultural day/week celebrations.
- The club shall volunteer to make art work/placards/rangoli’s etc. as deemed required by various departments of the college for their conferences/seminars etc.
- The club shall take up responsibility of sending birthday reminders via bulk SMSs to all the students.
- The club shall volunteer to conduct art/literary workshops for students from underprivileged schools in association with the Helping Hearts club.